Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Smash Up Derby


"You can hoot and holler, cause you ain't seen nothing yet!" I remember the commercials I would see during my favorite after school cartoons for the SSP (Super Sonic Power) Smash Up Derby set. They made these things look so amazing, as they would jump the ramps and smash into each other, causing car parts to fly everywhere. What kid wouldn't want to own one of these things? Luckily for me I found one of these in the original box about 10 years ago in a junk store, and finally I was able to live the dream of being a smash up derby driver, just like in those commercials from the 70's. I love dragging these out of the closet for parties. Those old enough to remember them, can't wait to get one of those T-handle power sticks in their hands to drive their car off the ramp and into an oncoming car to enjoy the carnage the ensues. Then put it back together, to do it all over again, and again, and again!

1 comment:

johnny thunder said...

I've bee looking for my childhood setoff years! Nice find!