Monday, August 14, 2006

The TMNT are resurfacing in '07


Remember the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? I am thrilled to hear that they are resurfacing on the big screen in an all new movie next year. I have been a turtle fan since the first comics came out in the late 80's. I collected all the comics, the toys, watched the cartoons. I loved it all... Except for the movies; Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze (1991) and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III (1993). I found all three movies to be pretty lame, and geared for a very young audience. I don't think I ever bothered to see the third movie. But the upcoming movie looks very promising. Watch the teaser trailer for yourself.
The Turtles' fourth feature film, entitled simply TMNT, is currently in post-productions, with a theatrical release date scheduled for March 30th, 2007. Unlike the previous films which were 'guys in turtle suits', it will utilize 100% computer-generated imagery, produced by Imagi Animation Studios and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures. According to the press release "the PG-rated movie will derive its tone from the original comic-book series and will be slightly grittier than the previous live-action pictures." I can't wait for this flick to hit my local megaplex!

No comments: