Monday, August 21, 2006

What It's Like Being Alone


What It's Like Being Alone is a stop-motion animation series about a group of odd ball orphans who are desperately trying to get adopted. Sprung from the mind of Brad Peyton (creator of the multi-award-winning Evelyn: The Cutest Evil Dead Girl), the 13-part series debut on CBC Television, Monday, June 26 at 9:30 p.m.
What It's Like Being Alone combines its Simpsons snarky style / meets The Munsters lovable goofiness / meets South Park's irreverence / with a Tim Burton-esk visual style.
The series uses stop-motion animated figurines, miniatures, CG (computer graphics) animation, and a number of low-tech animation styles to create the half hour late night CBC comedy.
I was really looking forward to this, being a big fan of stop motion animation and Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas, which this looked to be more that just a little bit similar too.

After watching the first episode, I thought the show looked gorgeous, but the writing sure didn't match the high quality of the visuals. I guess there isn't much going on Monday nights during the summer, because I have tuned in to each Monday night since the first episode. Slowly but surly the show is growing on me. Episode #9 airs tonight, and I am actually looking forward to it, so I guess its either getting better each episode, or I'm just desperate for some NEW television viewing during the summer.
Check it out, if you have noting better to do tonight.

No comments: