Saturday, October 07, 2006

Caroline's Winter Holiday


Today we went to Ft Langley to check out the antique mall there. It turned out to be the cranberry festival in Ft Langley and the streets were packed! We spent some time checking out all the activities and obtained a bunch of free stuff including a bunch of free bottles of Coca Cola BlaK (which I blogged about a few days ago). We then had lunch at a little 50's burger dinner, and then finally it was off to the antique mall. I found a great booth with bookshelves full of books. I picked up a couple of great books including "Walt Disney world" 1981 hardcover, "Since the World Began" 1996 hardcover, and "Caroline's Winter Holiday" 1973 hardcover. All three books were under $5 each, a bargain to be sure! The two Walt Disney World books are full of great photos and the Caroline book has more of Pierre Probst's wonderful drawings!


Check out my blog about my first Caroline book "Caroline at the Ranch".
I also picked up a bunch of WDW postcards, mostly from Epcot's World Showcase, as well as an old "The Bobbsey Twins in the Country" novel as a present for my mother who used to read the Bobbsey Twins books as a young girl.
There really isn't anything more fun that spending a few hours rummaging though an antique mall looking for treasures to add to your collection.

No comments: