Monday, March 05, 2007

Little Golden Book Monday #1

After seeing a recent blog on the Secret Fun Spot about the back pages of Little Golden Books, I thought it might be fun to post the fronts of some of my Little Golden Books. After flipping though my stacks of LGBs, I realized how much I loved the covers (and inside artwork) of so many of them that I thought that it might be fun to start a Little Golden Book of the week post on my site.
So, starting today, I am posting the first (actually two) covers to some of my favorite LGBs. Today I present two books based on the Disney/Pixar movie Cars. The first is the Cars story book which came out just before the movie hit theaters. The second is a more recent release of "Mater and the Ghost Light". This one seems a little more scarce, as I have only seen one other copy, other than the one I purchased. This one is a retelling of the animated short on the Cars DVD release. Both were released in 2006.
I am not sure of the dates, but I know that around 2001 when Disney's Atlantis The Lost Empire was released, Little Golden Books for some reason stopped releasing Disney titles, which was disappointing for me, as I am a big fan of the Atlantis movie and was looking forward to adding an Atlantis title to my Little Golden Books collection. A few years later, LGBs and Disney seemed to renew their partnership, but unfortunately due to the lack of success of Atlantis, they never bothered to release an Atlantis book after the fact. Darn!

No comments: