Monday, March 12, 2007

Little Golden Book Monday #2


It's Monday, so here is another of the Little Golden Books from my collection. Today its Walt Disney Productions' Black Hole. Not wanting to get left out of the movie space race following the success of Star Wars, everyone wanted to get into the scifi business. Disney put together this live action movie which didn't set any box office records, but as a kid, I remember thinking this was such a cool movie! Maximillian was the coolest robot villian even... much cooler than those silly Stormtroopers from that other space movie.
After renting the DVD a few years back, I realized that this movie didn't really hold up all that well. I guess you had to be a 12 year old boy to really appreciate this movie. For those of you who can't get enough of this movie, you can purchase the soundtrack on the iTunes store.
Something else that I did not realize until I scanned the cover and had a look at it recently, it turns out this book was actually made for robots to enjoy, as the cover states "A spaceship Adventure for Robots". Who knew!?

No comments: