Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!


Tonight is Halloween night. What am I doing to celebrate Halloween this year? I am doing to Seattle to see one of my favorite bands, Nightwish, live. If you have not heard of Nightwish, they are an amazing metal band from Finland that combines melodic metal with operatic vocals. I saw them in 2004 when they did a handfull of shows in the US, and it was one of the best shows I have ever seen. They have a new singer now, so I am looking forward to seeing how she handles the vocals on all the old songs, as well as hearing the new songs. Should be an amazing show!
Seen here is the cover to a Casper the Friendly Ghost and Wendy the Good Little Witch book from Wonder Books, 1974 (originally printed in 1963).

PS: ABC aired It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown last night, so I recorded it while I was at work and then came home and watched it with my son. He doesn't usually sit though TV shows, but he got on the couch and sat quietly and intently watched the show with me. When it got to the part where the Peanuts kids go Trick or Treating the kids all announce what they received, Charlie Brown says "All I got was a rock", Kaden began to giggle, which I thought was funny since that has always been a favorite line of mine, and I was surprised that a 2 year old would get the humor. I guess he really is my son!

No comments: