Monday, October 22, 2007

Little Golden Book Monday #28


It's Higitus-Figitus magical mirth!
Ok, I'm back... did you miss me? For today's Little Golden Book, I decided to go with something to go along with the Halloween theme since Halloween is just nine days away. What I came up with was the 1974 "Walt Disney's Donald Duck and the Witch Next Door".
The story here dose not have anything to do with Halloween directly, but it does feature a witch, who's house is made of candy, and Huey, Dewey and Louie do find some spiders and cobwebs in the attic.
While flipping though this book, I knew I recognized the witch character, but could not figure out why? A quick trip to the imdb.com web site, and a quick flip though my copy of "Disney A to Z" by Dave Smith, and I figured out that she was the witch from the 1963 Disney animated film "The Sword in the Stone" and her name was Madam Mim.
I realized that although I am a big Disney fan and own most of the Disney animated films in one form or antoher (including this one), I have never actually sat down and watched this one all the way though. I guess I will have to dust off my VHS copy of "The Sword in the Stone" and watch it with my son Kaden some time in the next 9 days.

No comments: