Monday, January 14, 2008

Little Golden Book Monday #39


In honour of the The Woody Woodpecker and Friends Classic Collection DVD which I have not purchased yet, but have at the top of my Amazon.ca "Wish List", I present today's Little Golden Book, Woody Woodpecker Takes a Trip. Originally printed in 1961, this is the Twelfth printing from 1981.
I have always liked Woody Woodpecker, but there are certainly many of the classic cartoons (most notable the later ones) that are pretty lame. But, the ones that aren't lame, are usually really enjoyable, with many being absolutely hilarious! This book is very much in the "enjoyable" category, as the story is fun, and the artwork by Al White and Ben DeNunez is really pleasing eye candy.
As for the DVD which was released July 2007, I am looking forward to sitting back and watching all the early cartoons, especially the very first Woody cartoon, "Knock Knock" in which Woody is absolutely out of control. And "Ski for Two" has one of my all time favorite cartoon scenes, as Woody swooshes down the ski slopes singing this demented little song which was stuck in my head for many years as a child!
If anyone has an extra copy of this DVD set that they don't know what to do with, you can send it my way!

No comments: