Monday, August 04, 2008

Little Golden Book Monday #62

Today's Little Golden Book is Disney's Tale Spin: Ghost Ship, from 1991. I borrowed this book from my sons collection, as I liked the ghost ship on the cover.
I don't really know the characters from Tale Spin, as I was a little too old by the time The Disney Afternoon came along with shows such as Tale Spin, Dark Wing Duck, the Adventures of the Gummi Bears, and Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers. There are a few shows from this period however that I did watch, and still enjoy to this day including; Goof Troop, Raw Toonage, Bonkers and Gargoyles. I have tons of episodes of these four shows on video tape which I taped off of TV back while the shows were still in first run. I used to get up early on Saturday mornings to tape my favorites and set my VCRs to tape the shows in the afternoons when I was still at school / work. I thought it was going to be so cool years from now when these shows were no longer on TV. I would be the only person with all this stuff in my collection to watch any time I wanted. Little did I know that years later these shows would be available on DVD in pristine condition, in season order.
In any event, I am now having fun sharing my hard work of preserving these animated gems with my son who is becoming a huge cartoon (animation) fan!

No comments: