Monday, August 18, 2008

Little Golden Book Monday #63

Today's Little Golden Book is another of the Disney / Pixar films, Finding Nemo. It's kind of interesting to see the art in done in a simple 2d drawing style, as compared to the crisp cgi animation of the film.
I picked this one up in 2003 when it was released, and I must say, that after only 5 years, it is already showing signs of wear, even though it only sits on my shelve in my collection. One can only guess what it would look like it if was actually being read by a child! I have found that many of the more recent LGB's (from the past 5 to 10 years), have extremely poor binding, and the gold spine is a very cheep sticker that seems to start peeling within days of getting these things home! Kind of a sign of the times that my LGB's from the 50's though 70's are all still in great shape, but the books I bought in the last year, are already falling apart!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's because everything these days in made f&@king China!!!!!

The old ones were made in the good ol' USA, before we started outsourcing everything and ruining peoples lives.

Ronn Roxx said...

I'm getting old... I remember that in the "good old days", the joke back then was already that everything was "Made in China". It seemed that everything I looked at, had a "Made in China" logo on it, and I remember thinking back then, wow, everything is made in this China place! I also remember thinking back then, that all this 'stuff' made in China seemed to be crap quality. So, I guess things haven't changed all the much from the "Good old days" of yesteryear.