Thursday, November 06, 2008

Pepsi Unveils New Logo & Bottles

I saw this posted on The Fire Wire Blog and found it kind of interesting. Pepsi is redesigning its globe logo. A ’smile’ will characterize brand Pepsi, while a ‘grin’ is used for Diet Pepsi and a ‘laugh’ is used for Pepsi Max.
The company will spend $1.2 billion over three years to change everything about its brands – “How they look, how they’re packaged, how they will be merchandised on the shelves, and how they connect with consumers” - which will be done by the Arnell Group.
I don't know about you, but these new bottles and logos look pretty generic. They remind me of the generic store brands of Coke and Pepsi that my local grocery store carries. The logos always try to look kind of like the original without being a blatant rip off, but somehow always look very 'generic'.
After seeing this on the Fire Wire blog, I surfed over to the Pepsi web site expecting to see a big splash page announcing the "New Look", but found nothing on the site mentioning anything about a change, which leaves me wondering where the Fire Wire blog got this info. Real, or fake... you decide!

2 comments:

Igwell said...

Fake.

Ronn Roxx said...

I agree, they look fake, but I would not put it past Pepsi to come up with something off the wall like that.

What about the most recently announced Pepsi Throwback? The name sounds incredibly fake, but from what I can find on the net, it looks like this one might about be real.