Monday, June 15, 2009

Little Golden Book Monday #89

I just about forgot about Little Golden Book Monday tongiht. Its getting late, so I just went in and grabbed a handful of books from my shelf to pick one for today. This one, seemed perfect. Its Margaret Wise Brown's The Sleepy Book, originally from 1948. This edition is from 1975. The little bear on the front reminds me a lot of the Travelodge / Sleepy Bear Motel logo that was on a drinking glass we had at home when I was a kid. I tried looking for the logo I remembered using a Google image search, and was surprised that I could not find the logo I remembered (now I can't wait to talk to my mother to see if she still has it!).. The Sleepy Book is filled with short stories, poems, and songs about sleep. As if I wasn't tired enough already, flipping though this book has almost putting me into a coma... Good night!

No comments: