Monday, July 27, 2009

Little Golden Book Monday #95

Little Golden Book A Day on the FarmToday we have the second of two farm related Little Golden Books I got recently. This one is A Day on the Farm from 1960 (See last Monday for Old MacDonald had a Farm).
The funniest part of this book is when the mailman shows up with a box for Farmer Brown. You know it has to be something good because the box has a bunch of holes in it. It turns out the box is filled with lots of new baby chickens! I wonder if you can still order baby chickens though the mail?
Reading though this book kept reminding me of my grandparents. They didn't live on a farm, but so many of the scenes in the book reminded me of my visits to their house. The little white house on the inside front page looks just like their house, and the page of the 'big folks' sitting around chatting on the front porch totally reminded me of spending my evenings on their front porch.Little Golden Book A Day on the Farm

No comments: