Sunday, August 23, 2009

Caroline's Party & at the Seaside

Piere Probst's Caroline At the SeasideA few weeks ago I found two more of these wonderful Caroline books (by Pierre Probst) at a used book shop. Each book was $4, which is slightly more than I like to pay for used books, but I liked the artwork so much that I was willing to pay the $8 to add these two new books to my collection. First off if Caroline's Party originally from 1953, this printing is from 1972. The second book is Caroline At the Seaside, originally from 1965, this printing is also from 1972. The illustrations are absulutly whimsical. I decided to take a few photos (the pages were much too big for my scanner) to share here on my blog. Hope you enjoy!

Piere Probst's Caroline At the Seaside

Piere Probst's Caroline At the Seaside

Piere Probst's Caroline At the Seaside

Piere Probst's Caroline At the Seaside

No comments: