Monday, January 30, 2012

Little Golden Book Monday #156

For today's Little Golden Book Monday, I wanted to post this photo I took of the Little Golden Book spinner Rack I found at the Barnes & Noble book store in Lynnwood, WA. This may be old news to those of you who have a Barnes & Noble in your back yard and see this everyday, but I was thrilled to find this spinner rack filled with Little Golden Books. Here in my area we have Chapters Books stores and in the past year or two, you would be lucky to find more than 2 or 3 Little Golden Books in stock, so finding an actual spinner rack filled with over 300 of them put a pretty big smile on my face.
I picked up The Courageous Captain America book that I had been wanting for a while. I saw a couple others I will probably pick up next time including a really cool DC Comics Super Friends book. I also have to admit that I wanted to go home with the spinner rack. My collection would look so cool displayed in that thing! Now that I think about it, I saw a vintage Little Golden Books spinner rack in a antique shop about 10 years ago while on a trip to Regina, Saskatchewan. It wasn't too expensive, but I had no way to bring it home in my car. I wonder if it would still be there ;-)

No comments: