Monday, July 09, 2012

Little Golden Book Monday #161

... And We're back! Today's Little Golden Book is Disney Pixar's Brave. I picked it up at a Barnes and Noble  in Washington state, as I can no longer find Little Golden Books in my local books stores. The local Chapters books usually has one solitary Little Golden Book on their shelves, and its usually one of the older titles such as Alice in Wonderland or Snow White. Its a huge difference from the Barnes and Nobel that I visit in Washington state which has a large spinner rack of Little Golden Books, including everything from the the older titles to the newest titles such as the new Disney films, DC and Marvel comics etc.
I really liked the new movie Brave, and always love adding the new Disney titles to my Little Golden Book collection, but I was not really impressed with the artwork of this title. I usually enjoy the stylistic looks they have been using for many of the recent Disney Pixar titles, but this one fell a little flat for me. I would have preferred artwork with much brighter colors to match the look of the movie, but I am always happy to add another Disney title to my collection.

No comments: