Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Disneyland & California Adventure Guide Maps

 This past Christmas we visited Disneyland for the first time in years! We spend 9 glorious days in Anaheim and spend at least part of ever day at the Disney parks. As you may know, I love collecting ephemera, and Disneyland guide maps are a favorite collectible of mine. As a bit of trivia, these free guides have been provided free of charge courtesy of Kodak since opening day of Disneyland back in 1955. With the bankruptcy of Kodak, these will be the last to be provided compliments of the Eastman Kodak Company.
Every time I visit Disneyland, I come home with piles of guide maps, always with the hope of trading them with other Disneyland fans. That has been my hope for over 25 years, and I have never managed to trade even one of them. I thought I had a chance last year when I attended the North West Mouse Meet. With so many Disneyland fans in one place, I thought I had a chance. But, alas, I didn't contact the Mouse Meet organizer soon enough to get others to bring their extras to the show for trading. Then again, I don't know for sure anyone would care. So, I have now decided to try using the Internet to see if anyone wants to trade.
I have lots of both of the Disneyland and Disney California Adventure guide maps and entertainment guides from our Christmas 2012 visit, as shown above. I also have lots from our trips back between 1988 and 2001. If you have any from before 1988, or from 2001 to today that you either want to trade, or just send my way, please contact me. You can find my email address at the top right of this page.

No comments: