Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Record with Double Label

While going though my records recently to thin out my collection I came across this album by Rimsky Korsakov, Scheherazade. I don't know where I got it or why, but it was probably really cheap and I liked the fact that it still have the price sticker on it from Eaton's. Eaton's was a large department store chain in Canada from 1869 until 1999. I bought many of my vinyl records at Eaton's as a young kid, so I'm sure the price sticker is why I ended up with this in my collection. Since I don't care about this particular album, I thought I would toss out the record and just keep the price sticker, but when I pulled the record out of the sleeve, this is what I found. There were two record labels stuck on side 2, one of them was in the proper location, the second was off centre and covered almost the last half of the albums music. Makes me wonder, who bought this album, and did they bother to return it, or did they just enjoy listening to side 1?


No comments: